Carl Richmond is the senior editor at The Medical Editor. He is a Yale-trained, Board Certified Editor in the Life Sciences who has been editing medical materials since 1991.
He is an active member of the Board of Editors in the Life Sciences, the American Medical Writers Association, and the Council of Science Editors.
Carl was trained at the Yale University School of Medicine as an editor for several physicians in the department of pharmacology. While at Yale, he also was a consultant to a group that edited medical manuscripts for Japanese authors.
- As owner and senior editor of The Medical Editor, Carl works with a consortium of MD- and PhD-level editors (many of whom are Board-Certified Editors in the Life Sciences) to bring you the finest medical editing available at an affordable price.
- Each member of our editorial team is an expert with extensive experience editing journal articles, books, grant applications, CME materials, dissertations, and other scientific and medical documents.
- All of our editors live in the United States. They hail from some of the most-prestigious universities in the country.
- We do not employ students (whether in a doctoral program or otherwise) to edit medical and scientific documents.
- When you send your manuscript to The Medical Editor, please know that your work will be edited by a professional with a broad publication background and years of experience editing and writing medical and scientific documents. This is all we do. We are full-time medical editors.
Please note that reviewers' judgment of English is very unreliable. Many reviewers are not native speakers of English, and unfortunately these reviewers often criticize English that is grammatically correct and well written. That is why we offer a certificate at the end of your document that will help to prevent this problem.
Each year, TheMedicalEditor,com donates 5% of its profits to Doctors without Borders, and a variety of children's charities around the globe, for food, clothing, education, and other necessities that children need. We are extremely thankful to our clients, as you are the ones who make this possible.